- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Chocolate chips (Valrhona preferred)
- Parchment Paper
- Piping bag & tip
[separator top=”40″ style=”dotted”]
Preheat oven to 150F
- Separate yolks from egg whites, leave egg whites in your mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs until they’re white and foamy
- Mix in 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp cream of tartar, and beat until soft peaks form.
- Set your timer to 7 minutes.
- Beat mixture for 7 more minutes, gradually adding the sugar, bit by bit, for the full 7 minutes.
- Put meringue mixture in your piping bag
- Pipe out cookies with 1.5″ diameter, swirling around if you like, straight onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheet(s)
- Bake for 2.5 hours.
- Remove cookies from oven and cool.
- Heat up chocolate chips until liquid.
- Draw ghost faces on meringues. Enjoy!